Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sports: Q&A with Blake Holmes

Blake Holmes is an outside linebacker with the Wingate Bulldogs football team. He came to Wingate in the fall of 2004 and, after leaving for a time due to personal reasons, he returned for the 2008 season. He is a graduate of Irmo High School near Columbia, S.C.

Q: What's in your Ipod right now?
A: A lot of Pastor Troy, some T.I., some Three-Six and a little bit of Drake. And some Jagged Edge for the ladies.

Q: What's the last book you read that wasn't for school?
A: It's "Educating Dexter," by Dexter Manley, the former Washington Redskins player. He didn't learn to read until he was 28 and he had a lot of struggles with cocaine addiction and with being a good father to his children.

Q: Complete this sentence: "I'd rather not hear any more stories in the media about..."
A: Michael Jackson and (former Tennessee Titans quarterback) Steve McNair. The news is too upsetting.

Q: What do you like best about yourself?
A: My ability to have fun and enjoy myself.

Q: What would you change about yourself?
A: I'm too nice to people sometimes, and some people just don't respect niceness.

Q: What was your favorite thing about high school?
A: Playing football. I remember the post-game parties and just hanging out with my friends.

Q: What is your greatest accomplishment?
A: It has to be my two-year-old daughter Deasia.

-- Julius Burkett

No comments:

Post a Comment